The Compact Theft Alarm is an inexpensive yet highly effective way to protect fire extinguishers and a wide range of other firefighting equipment from theft and misuse. The device is compact, highly effective and extremely versatile. It does not interfere with fire fighting in any way and its simplicity of design contributes to its high degree of reliability.
HOW IT WORKS
For free-standing extinguishers or equipment The Compact Theft Alarm comes with a special clip that can be used in several ways. An extinguisher’s pull pin may be routed through the holes in both prongs of the clip. The clip is then held in place by the extinguisher’s seal and when the seal is broken to use the extinguisher, the alarm sounds. The steel clip can also be placed under any type of equipment. When lifted, the alarm sounds immediately.
For cabinets housing fire extinguisher, fire hoses or sprinkler shut off valves The Compact Theft Alarm is mounted next to the door or in the cabinet and its reed switch unit is mounted in the door jam. The matching magnet is mounted on the door in close proximity. When the door is opened the device emits a 95 dB warning alarm
Applications & Uses:
- Equipments during Camping
- Traveller luggage
- Domestic safe
- Jewellery shops
- Artifacts in a Museum
- Scooter/ Bicycle/ Moped
- School buses
- Other valuable equipment
- Protects free-standing and cabinet housed fire extinguishers and other equipment.
- Three year guarantee against breakage of polycarbonate housing (one year on electromechanical and electronic components).
- Compact design (84mm diameter x 25mm deep) mounts easily next to the extinguisher.
- Tough, ABS construction.
- Highly versatile; can be door mounted or fitted directly to the fire extinguishers pull pin.
- Does not interfere with use of protected firefighting equipment.
- Easy to install.
- Self-contained 9 VDC alkaline power source is provided.
- Sounds a powerful 95 dB (at 1 metre) warning alarm when activated.
- Three minute automatic reset upon activation.
- A magnetic reed switch activation for cabinets and display cases and unique steel contact clip activation for fire extinguisher pins and other free-standing equipment.
- Service pin provided for authorised personnel.
- Extremely cost effective and easy to install.